Be a Life Saving Volunteer at
Dominican Home Health Agency!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our agency! The compassion and care provided by our volunteers makes a significant impact on our agency and on the lives of the poor and vulnerable in our community.
Check out the opportunities below and then contact Ingrid Wicker email@example.com / 303-322-1413 x16 to discuss how you can help us carry on our 90+ year mission of caring for the poor in the Denver!
Clinical Volunteer Opportunities
In addition to in-home care, DHHA also provides mobile Wellness Clinics at low-income housing sites around the metro area. These clinics assist residents with chronic disease management, medication adherence, and connection to community resources that are instrumental in maintaining their quality of life and independence.
Volunteers help us provide direct care to the patients visiting the monthly clinics. If possible, we ask that nurses and greeters commit to the same recurring site or sites each month.
- Registered Nurses: Assess vital signs, provide counseling, health information, and assistance with taking their medications correctly.
- Greeters: These volunteers do not have to be healthcare professionals. Your role will be to greet the patients coming into the clinic, pull their chart, and weigh them in before they see the nurses.
- Patient Health Advocates: PHA’s support the nurses by working directly with patients to advocate for their health and psychosocial needs. The volunteer will connect patients to community resources to address these gaps in care.
- Pharmacists, Registered Dietitians, and other health professionals: We encourage you to contact us for opportunities to help our Wellness Clinic patients.
Students: Clinical Rotation/Internship Opportunities
- We have a long history of hosting students for educational/clinical rotations. Contact Ingrid Wicker firstname.lastname@example.org / 303-322-1413 x16 to discuss how your educational needs might fit at DHHA!
- We can host:
- Nursing Students
- Social Work Students
- Masters of Public Health
- Marketing, Development, Communications, and Social Media Students
- Non-profit Management Students
- Pastoral Care/Chaplain Students
- High School Students in need of community service hours
Here are some other great ways you can help DHHA!
- Development and Event Committee to help with annual fundraising events and church outreach efforts
- Groups, community organizations, or corporations looking for rewarding team building service days/events
- Friendly Visitors to brighten the day of an isolated/homebound patient
- Handymen/women to help with painting, plumbing, carpentry, and other odd jobs around the property
- Green Thumbs to help with our lawn, garden, and landscaping needs
We have offices and a convent to maintain,
so we always have ways for you to help! Just reach out and ask!
Thank you for sharing your time, talent,
and treasure with DHHA!
Contact Ingrid Wicker
email@example.com / 303-322-1413 x16